Corpora: claws C7 parser

david grant drg199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 11:17:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm a research student, at southampton university, currently working on a project, concerend with the tagging of anaphoric expressions withing text.  I am currently looking for a tagging standard to use, and have looked at using the CLAWS C7 tagset.

Could anyone help :-

I'm looking for a concrete definition of the tagset, so that i can write a parser, or a is there a parser out there which i could use for my project.  I will be writing the program in java, so would prefer if any parsers were written in java, or had a java API.

cheers for any help

David Grant