Corpora: Q: CL/LT in Nordic CALL

Lars Borin Lars.Borin at ling.uu.se
Sat Feb 9 09:11:29 UTC 2002

Dear all,

For two different, but related research projects
(<http://www.informatics.sintef.no/projects/CbLTCallNordicLang/squirrel.html>,
<http://www.nada.kth.se/theory/projects/xcheck/>), we need to make a survey
of other research projects, as well as finished products, where
Computational Linguistics (CL) or Language Technology (LT) resources are
used in systems for Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) of Nordic
languages.

For the purposes of this survey, the Nordic languages are all languages
with some official recognition in the Nordic area, i.e. the national
languages Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian-Bokmål, Norwegian-Nynorsk
and Swedish, the official regional languages Faroese and Greenlandic Inuit,
and the recognized regional or minority languages Meänkieli, Romani, Sámi
and Yiddish (please do not think too harshly of me if I have got the
terminology wrong or left out some language).

The CL/LT resources we have in mind are both software (POS taggers,
parsers, machine translation systems, speech recognizers, etc.) and data
(corpora, lexical resources such as wordnets, etc.).

So, if you are involved in such an endeavour, or know about one, please
send me as much information as you can about it. Pointers to publications
and web sites are especially welcome. Please reply to me directly, and not
to the list. I will provide a summary to the list if there is a sufficient
number of replies. BTW: In addition to English, replies in any of the
continental Scandinavian languages or Finnish will be understood.

Lars Borin
Dept. of Linguistics, Stockholm University, SWEDEN
Dept. of Linguistics, Uppsala University, SWEDEN
email: <lars.borin at ling.su.se>, <lars.borin at ling.uu.se>
WWW: <http://www.ling.uu.se/lars/>