Corpora: a program needed

Sampo Nevalainen samponev at cc.joensuu.fi
Thu May 30 06:57:28 UTC 2002

Dear corporal mates,

I am in an acute need for a simple program (dos, Windows, Unix) that would
provide me with cumulative numbers of different words (types) as it skims
through a text word by word. In other words, the program should print out a
number for each word but increase the number only when a new type is
encountered. The output would be something like that:
1
2
3
4
4
5
6
6
6
Probably I could write this kind of program myself, but I do not have time
or ardour to reinvent the wheel. Maybe a simple Perl script would do the
trick? Thank you in advance for your support.

yours,
sampo

( : ============================================= : )

Sampo Nevalainen, M.A.
Researcher
University of Joensuu
Savonlinna School of Translation Studies
P.O.Box 48
FIN-57101 Savonlinna
FINLAND

tel     +358-15-511 70      (operator)