Corpora: a program needed

Sampo Nevalainen samponev at cc.joensuu.fi
Thu May 30 09:19:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

Thank you all (Sebastian Hoffmann, Alexander Clark, Kaarel Kaljurand, David
Graff, Klas Prytz) for immediate and useful answers! As always there are
several ways to do the trick, and all the suggested solutions seemed
appropriate for my purposes. The texts to be analysed are relatively small,
so obviously there won't be problems with speed or memory. I forgot to
mention that I have already tokenised and lemmatised my material, so for me
this is not a problem either, although it is an interesting issue in
general. Thanks again for your helpfulness! (I wonder if there is a "bank"
of useful scripts for linguistic purposes somewhere in the net?)

sampo

( : ============================================= : )

Sampo Nevalainen, M.A.
Researcher
University of Joensuu
Savonlinna School of Translation Studies
P.O.Box 48
FIN-57101 Savonlinna
FINLAND

tel     +358-15-511 70      (operator)