[Corpora-List] pronunciation lexica

Andrew Harley aharley at cambridge.org
Wed Sep 4 15:55:52 UTC 2002

This is not freely available in the public domain but nonetheless I hope
might be of interest. The "English Pronouncing Dictionary" which contains
both British and American transcriptions including inflected forms for a
total of 120,000 word forms. Limited licensing information is available at
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/researchers.htm - research licences for
university sites are available for 1250 UK pounds for 3 years.

At 10:22 04/09/2002 -0400, James Magnuson wrote:

>Does anyone know of any large sets of American English pronunciations
>(preferably including inflected forms, etc. -- the more complete, the
>better, of course) in electronic format and preferably in the public
>domain?
>
>I have come across two, but I cannot determine their origin. One is
>labelled 'MIT' and has about 25,000 forms, and the other is labelled
>'MOBY' and has about 35,000 forms. If anyone knows the origin of
>these, I would also appreciate learning more about them.
>
>Thanks,
>
>jim

>James Magnuson
>Department of Psychology
>Columbia University
>1190 Amsterdam Ave., MC 5501
>New York City, New York  10027
>(212)854-5667
>magnuson at psych.columbia.edu

Andrew Harley
Electronic Development Manager
English Language Teaching & Dictionaries
Cambridge University Press

Direct line: (01223)325880

http://uk.cambridge.org/elt/cdrom

Cambridge Dictionaries Online (50,000 searches each day):
http://dictionary.cambridge.org