[Corpora-List] AMTA-2002: Call for Participation

Elliott Macklovitch macklovi at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Fri Sep 6 18:30:46 UTC 2002

                        ---   AMTA-2002 CONFERENCE  ---
                        *** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ****

The Association for Machine Translation in the Americas (AMTA) invites
all those interested in translation automation to attend AMTA-2002,
the Association's fifth biennial conference, which will be held in
Tiburon, California (across the Bay from San Francisco) on October
8-12, 2002.

The theme of this year's conference is "From Research to Real Users".

AMTA-2002 will feature invited talks by:
Ken Church of AT&T Labs -Research;
Yorick Wilks of the University of Sheffield; and
Jaap van der Meer, former CEO of ALPNET.

The full program, as well as online registration forms, are available
on the conference Web site:

http://www.amtaweb.org/AMTA2002/

*** We encourage people to register now, particularly for the tutorial
*** program. (Tutorials with insufficient registration are subject to
*** cancellation PRIOR TO the conference.)  We also encourage you to
*** reserve your accommodations asap, in order to take advantage of
*** the discounted rates at the conference venue.

We look forward to seeing you in Tiburon!

THE CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS

Elliott Macklovitch, General Chair
Stephen D. Richardson, Program Chair
Violetta Cavalli-Sforza, Local Arrangements Chair
Bob Frederking, Workshops and Tutorials
Laurie Gerber, Exhibits Coordinator