[Corpora-List] Job vacancy: NLP position at Rhetorical Systems, Edinburgh

Wojciech Skut wojciech at rhetorical.com
Wed Sep 25 09:29:52 UTC 2002

JOB VACANCY - EDINBURGH

SOFTWARE ENGINEER WITH TEXT PROCESSING BACKGROUND

Rhetorical Systems, a leading provider of text-to-speech solutions, is
looking for a software engineer with a strong natural language
processing background.  The candidates should have:

·       excellent knowledge of finite-state technology and parsing
algorithms
·       background in statistical NLP and/or machine learning
·       min. 3 years of experience in C and C++ programming
·       previous experience with text-to-speech systems (esp. text
normalization) would be an asset.

The successful candidate will join our R&D team in Edinburgh, UK, and
work on our text normalisation system.

Our research and development team is the largest and most experienced
text-to-speech team in the world. Our complete focus on text-to-speech
allows us to set very high standards as we innovate, develop and
maintain the highest quality products and services.

We provide our staff with a supportive and fun environment to work in,
with plenty of scope for personal and career development. Staff are
offered a highly competitive package of salary and share options, five
weeks of holidays, free life insurance, and the ability to participate
in an attractive pension scheme. For some jobs we also offer tuition
reimbursement and study leave.

Applicants should send a CV to:

Personnel Division
Rhetorical Systems
4 Crichton's Close
Edinburgh EH8 8DT
UK

Email applications or informal queries regarding job opportunities at
Rhetorical can be sent to personnel at rhetorical.com.