[Corpora-List] Re: Re: hyperonyms - WordNet extractions

Damir Cavar dcavar at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:11:40 UTC 2003

Hi Sebastien,

> Thank you very much for the information about WordNet. But I don't
know if I can use the very useful linguistic information provided by
WordNet to create my own lexicons. In fact, I need to have, in a txt
file, simple lists such :

> physical entity
> >organism
> >>animal
> >>plant
>
> I can't save all words ! So, I'd like to have either the ability to
program Macros with WordNet or to find another lexicon.
> The goal of this list is to contribute to find the new information
in a discurse in order to model prosody.

> I hope that my explanations are clear.

There are packages for the major scripting languages that allow you
access to WordNet, I personally use the python package. If you search
for that in the web, you'll find it. With the scripting languages you
can easilly create something what you have in mind.

If you install WordNet on Windows, you have the possibility to access
the functionality and the data easily in even VisualBasic.

best wishes

Damir

--
Damir Cavar