[Corpora-List] . . .historical linguistics (#2)

Mark Davies mdavies at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 18 17:29:37 UTC 2003

Sorry, I sent off the other message without having included a list of the
articles that I've already found on the subject.  So any pointers beyond
what is listed below would be the most useful.  Thanks.

---------------------------------------

Curzan, Anne. 2000. "English Historical Corpora in the Classroom: The
Intersection of Teaching and Research". Journal of English Linguistics.
28:77-89.

Davies, Mark. 2000.  "Using multi-million word corpora of historical and
dialectal Spanish texts to teach advanced courses in Spanish linguistics".
In L Burnard and T McEnery. 2000 Rethinking Language Pedagogy from a Corpus
Perspective (Proceedings of TALC 98, Oxford University). Frankfurt: Peter
Lang. 173-186.

Knowles, Gerry. 1997. Using corpora for the diachronic study of English. In
A Wichmann, et al. Teaching and Language Corpora (Proceedings of TALC 94,
Lancaster University). London: Longman. 195-210.

Schmied, Josef. 1996. "Encouraging Students to Explore Language and Culture
in Early Modern English Pamphlets".  Presentation at TALC 96. Lancaster
University.