[Corpora-List] Use of corpora in teaching historical linguistics

Mark Davies mdavies at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 18 16:12:20 UTC 2003

[My apologies for any cross-postings]

For a number of years I've used corpora in classes related (at least
partially) to historical linguistics.  I'm working on a paper right now in
which I'd like to provide a general overview of what others have done in the
same area, but I haven't found much.  Is anyone aware of websites or seminal
journal articles that deal with the use of corpora in TEACHING historical
linguistics?  If there's sufficient interest, I'd be happy to post a summary
of responses.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies, Associate Professor, Spanish Linguistics
http://mdavies.for.ilstu.edu/
4300 Foreign Languages / Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-4300
309-438-7975 (voice) / 309-438-8038 (fax)
** Historical and dialectal Spanish and Portuguese syntax **
** Web-database scripting, design, and integration **
** Corpus design and use ** Distance education **