[Corpora-List] German-English/English-German parallel tagger

Philippa Maurer-Stroh aon.912130291 at aon.at
Wed Mar 12 22:18:40 UTC 2003

Dear colleagues,

I am working on a huge German-English parallel (already sentence aligned) corpus. My aim is to retrieve collocation equivalents. I am currently working with Mike Barlow's ParaConc and Bill Fletcher's kfngramms. Still, I think that a POS-tagged version would make my work a lot easier, meaning that additional to statistics I could look for patterns (colligation) of, let's say, ADJ+NOUN or VERB+ADV. I am, therefore, looking for a language independent (or German/English) tagger running on Windows (what I found is the Tree Tagger at the IMS Stuttgart which only runs on Linux) Is there a possibility to run Linux formats under Windows or can I use both Windows and Linux on my computer?. Are there other methods of collocation retrieval from parallel corpora?

Regards,

Philippa