[Corpora-List] tagging request

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 12 10:43:56 UTC 2004

Sabrina,

I'm afraid the AMALGAM PoS-tagger service is offline,
awaiting an upgrade to make it compatible with our server upgrade, sorry.

I recommend instead you try the Lancaster CLAWS WWW-based PoS tagger
http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/research/ucrel/claws/trial.html

This doesnt give ICE-style taggers; I'm afraid the ICE project doesnt
have a free email-based tagger as far as I know.

David Lee's website http://devoted.to/corpora lists a range of other
PoS-taggers, but unfortutely (as far as I can see) none of these are
email- or web-based, you have to download the software and get it to
work on your own machine (often not trivial).

eric atwell (responsible for non-working amalgam ,sorry again)

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Computer Vision and Language research group
Distributed Multimedia Systems MSc Tutor & SOCRATES/JYA Tutor
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric  EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Visit http://www.computingLEEDS.ac.uk - our newsletter for industry