[Corpora-List] wanted: corpora of student-teacher interactions

Alan M Wallington A.M.Wallington at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 17:49:00 UTC 2004

Dear All,

would anyone know of any corpora of student-teacher interactions, where
what constitutes a student or teacher can be interpreted quite
liberally. These interactions may take place in a classroom, but may
equally involve distance learning or even help desks.

We are interested in the types of metaphors learners and instructors
use, not just in their descriptions of what is being learnt, but even
more importantly when they reflect on the learning and understanding
process, the difficulties and strategies, e.g. "I can't get this to
STICK in my mind".

I very much doubt if there will be any corpora already marked up for
such metaphors.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Wallington