[Corpora-List] RE: Web/Corpora Questions

peetm peet.morris at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 10:09:27 UTC 2004

Hi - sorry if this isn't exactly corpora-specific, but, I've a few questions
that I think members of this list might be able to help me with.

1. I'm looking for any articles/information on the application of
'grammar-analysis' to determine text-type/genre/style/register/other [delete
as appropriate!]

2. Are there any machine-readable lexicons/databases that contain
information like:

o - Indication of writer's/reader's 'Reading Age' (correct term?)

o - Common Synonyms

o - Common Misspellings

o - Rarity/Density (e.g., *this* word is used infrequently)

            o - I know the last of these is typically ascertained through
corpus analysis, but I thought I'd ask anyway!

3. Does the WordNet database exist in any 'popular' format, e.g., Oracle,
SQL-Server, Access?

peetm