[Corpora-List] **SUMMARY** semantic tagging

Aleem Hossain A.Hossain at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon May 16 11:07:32 UTC 2005

Dear all,

Since posting my original summary on this I've received a couple more
contributions.  I've tacked the new references to the top of my original
summary so that it's all together.

Cheers,
Aleem

***********************************
Ellen Riloff has  done some work on automatically generating semantic
lexicons.  The following can be downloaded from her web page:
www.cs.utah.edu/~riloff/publications

Thelen, M. and Riloff, E. (2002) "A Bootstrapping Method for Learning
Semantic Lexicons using Extraction Pattern Contexts",
Proceedings of the 2002 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural
Language Processing (EMNLP 2002).

Phillips, W. and Riloff, E. (2002) "Exploiting Strong Syntactic
Heuristics and Co-Training to Learn Semantic Lexicons",
Proceedings of the 2002 Conference on Empirical Methods in
Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2002).
***********************************

Dan Roth directed me to some recent papers on Semantic Role Labeling:

The Necessity of Syntactic Parsing for Semantic Role Labeling (IJCAI'05)
http://l2r.cs.uiuc.edu/~danr/Papers/PunyakanokRoYi05.pdf

Semantic Role Labeling via Integer Linear Programming Inference
(COLING'04)
http://l2r.cs.uiuc.edu/~danr/Papers/PRYZ04.pdf

Learning and Inference over Constrained Output (IJCAI'05)
http://l2r.cs.uiuc.edu/~danr/Papers/PunyakanokRoYiZi05.pdf

and also a demo:
http://l2r.cs.uiuc.edu/~cogcomp/demos.php