[Corpora-List] pashto corpus

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 06:01:21 UTC 2005

Azra,

Take a look at

Latifa Al-Sulaiti. 2004.
Designing and Developing a Corpus of Contemporary Arabic
MSc research thesis, School of Computing, Leeds University
downloadable: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/research/pubs/theses.shtml

Latifa addressed the issues you ask about - design, structure, tools
etc, these principles could transfer from Arabic to Pashto

Good luck!

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, azra gul wrote:

> Sir,
> I am a student of MS in Peshawar university in Pakistan. I have done
> my first semester and the second semester has just started. I want to
> develop a corpus for written Pashto language( language of Afghanistan and
> Some areas in PAkistan). I have just dsearched for existng corpora ,
> but have no idea hoew to start. What data structures, tools to use and
> how to design the corpus ? What things  should I keep in mind for this?
> This is my fir t time i have to do research. I need some guidence to
> start. I'll be very thankful if some help can be extended to me.
> ThankYou
> Azra Gul

> Yahoo! for Good

Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England
TEL: +44-113-2335430  FAX: +44-113-2335468  http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric