[Corpora-List] Ontology of Common English Name

Galileo Namata namatag at cs.umd.edu
Mon Oct 17 17:57:41 UTC 2005

Good day,
I'm working on a project involving named entity resolution and was looking
for an ontology of common english names. By this, I mean an ontology which
lists Bill as a common possible nickname for William or inversely Robert can
have a nicknames like Rob and Bob. Does anyone know of any such publicly
available data?
 Relevant sources I've found thus far includes the common names in the U.S.
from census information and a name explorer tool also based on census data.
 To reduce mail traffic, you can email me privately on any information and I
can compile and send the results to the list.
 Galileo