[Corpora-List] Question re access to corpora of transcribed conversational Spanish

Steven Johnson regs at cookingvideos.org
Fri Oct 21 16:58:00 UTC 2005

Was wondering if anybody on this forum could advise me concerning
these questions:

1. What are the most extensive corpora available of transcribed oral
speech in Spanish?

One I saw had some speeches by Fidel Castro. That's fine, but I'm
looking for informal conversation. Could be from movie and TV
dialogs, or more authentic sources.

2. How can I get permission to browse the raw text in such corpora,
assuming they exist?

I'm not so interested in searching for particular words and phrases.
Rather, I'd like to read reams and reams of authentic transcribed
conversational speech.

Thank you.

Steven Johnson
editor at dryander.com