[Corpora-List] Looking for English word lists

William Fletcher fletcher at usna.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:14:22 UTC 2005

My "Phrases in English" site supports both the functions you are looking for, and is of course free:

>> I'm very interested in finding a list of n-letter English words: I'm mostly
after 4 and 5 letter words

from http://pie.usna.edu/explore.html look for 1-grams of length n with a query string of n ? , e.g.
????
to find 4-letter words (yes, you'll find those in there too!) * optionally you can filter by PoS as well

>> I'm also interested in two-letter character groupings; that are normally
found in English, and that are pronounceable -

from the "chargrams" page http://pie.usna.edu/explorec.html you can look for 2-chargrams.  Optionally you can specify position (initial, medial, final) and type of frequency (type / token).  Unfortunately there is no provision for weeding out the unpronoudeable ones automatically.

Good luck,
Bill