[Corpora-List] Suggested Track for Studying Computational Linguistics

Marc Carmen marc.carmen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:10:34 UTC 2005

I am currently an undergraduate student in linguistics with an emphasis in
Language and Computers. I am preparing to graduate in April '06 and I am
trying to decide what the best track to follow for graduate studies is. My
ultimate goal is to do research wihthin industry for a group similars to
Microsoft's or IBM's Natural Language Processing Groups. I have talked to
several people and the options are obviously:

Do a Computer Science degree emphasizing language processing
or
Do a linguistics degree emphasizing computer science

I think I can successfully do either however I am unsure of which track will
get me to the desired end point as mentioned above. Does anyone have an
opinion with what would be the best track to follow? Thank you in advance
for all of your input.

--
Thanks,
Marc Carmen