[Corpora-List] End of sentence search in BNC

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Apr 12 15:26:34 UTC 2006

I've modified the script, and it should work fine now -- complete results in less than half a second. Any other problems, please feel free to email me.

>> My students are trying to look at constructions that occur at the end of a
>> sentence in BNC, however, we seem to have some problems in searching for
>> such contexts, using Mark Davies' http://view.byu.edu/ (it is free and fast...).
>> This query
>>      in [pun]
>> Unfortunately, clicking on the line produces just a response like that:
>> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'
>> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
>> /x3.asp, line 290

Best,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Assoc. Prof., Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **