[Corpora-List] 'Standard European English' ?

TadPiotr tadpiotr at plusnet.pl
Fri Mar 3 10:13:27 UTC 2006

I have also thought that we are an international list, using a sort of
international English, which  is quite similar to native English ?
But: I do not think that anyone suggests that a non-German using his/her
flawed German is actually using an nternational variety of German. My
impression is that the number of native speakers of German (yes, I know,
let's not talk about the varieties and dialects of German...) exceeds that
of non-native speakers of German, while with English it is the other way
round.
Tadeusz Piotrowski