[Corpora-List] phonemic occurrence in Oneida (AmerIndian)

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Sun Mar 5 11:16:10 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora colleagues, after computing the frequency of occurrence of Haida, an Amerindian language of North America, I took some texts in Oneida, an AmerIndian language of Canada. Still, I don't know if Haida or Oneida were computed. I took the book by Karin Michelson "Three stories in Oneida", National Museum of Man, 1981. I wonder if anybody knows the e-mail of Karin Michelson since I need adviced on Oneida phonetics.I wonder if "kw" is one phoneme or a combination of two phonemes. The same phoneme in the Mansi (Vogul) language of Siberia is considered as one phoneme by some linguists and as a combination of "k" and "w" by the others. Is Oneida an agglutinative or incorporating? To what family does it belong? Looking forward to hearing to my new address yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia