[Corpora-List] PDF Conversion

TadPiotr tadpiotr at plusnet.pl
Wed Mar 29 11:54:49 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,
there is a commercial OCR package, FineReader, which can read a PDF file, no
matter whether it is text or bitmap (so you do not need the conversion into
bitmaps). It is not very efficient when you have a very complex layout (e.g.
a tabloid) but otherwise performs quite well. It tries hard to reproduce the
formatting of PDF pages, including headers and the like.
Best wishes,
Tadeusz Piotrowski