[Corpora-List] PDF Conversion

Piao, Songlin s.piao at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:16:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

We tested the MultiValent tool for extracting text from pdf files and found it is working pretty well.

For identifying figures and tables etc, you need to add a post processor using some heuristic algorithms. We tried some algorithms for tables and figures and we got a reasonably good result.

Scott Piao
Computing Department
Lancaster University
Lancaster LA1 4WA