[Corpora-List] American and British English spelling converter

Yorick Wilks yorick at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sat Nov 4 13:06:47 UTC 2006

(Brit) Eng. students of German are always taught "halb vier" as a false
friend of "half four", though my observation is that the usage in
Germany
is declining----- not because of the influence of English, but probably
digital watches which make all analogue times less plausible. Id be
interested to know if "half pasts" are also disappearing from all forms
of English.
Yorick Wilks