[Corpora-List] Parallel corpora and word alignment, WAS: American and British English spelling converter

Merle Tenney merlet at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 10 23:51:31 UTC 2006

Ramesh,

Actually, there have been a lot of studies of language learner errors.  Many of the errors are not that much of a reach or subject to researcher interpretation-use of actually instead of currently, use of depend of instead of depend on, use of informations instead of information, etc.  A corpus which took a strict view of learner errors and associated those errors with correct native forms, via a parallel corpus of corrected texts or a rich tagging scheme, would be very useful for studying interference errors.

Merle