[Corpora-List] transcribing video corpora

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:17:48 UTC 2006

On 15 Nov 2006, at 13:57, Alex Boulton wrote:

> Does anyone know of any free tools which help with transcription of
> video corpora?

In addition to the ones mentioned by others, have a look at TASX and
ANVIL.
TASX did a nice job for me when we collected a multimodal corpus in
FASiL (and it's worked for others, too), and if I remember correctly,
ANVIL has been developed for and proven itself in a DFKI-led German
project, SmartKom.

http://medien.informatik.fh-fulda.de/tasxforce
http://www.dfki.de/~kipp/anvil/

--
David Reitter
ICCS/HCRC, Informatics, University of Edinburgh