[Corpora-List] Poetry

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Mon Oct 9 18:05:08 UTC 2006

I don't think the situation in analyzing poetry is quite so dire.  The
field of content analysis has been applied quite well to poetry.  I have
been the purveyor of Minnesota Contextual Content Analysis (MCCA),
developed in the 70s.  MCCA has been applied to many genres and its
primary developer (Don McTavish) analyzed a festschrift in honor of
Pablo Neruda, where many authors wrote in imitation.  MCCA was able to
separate out the imitators.  MCCA (for which I have a demo using Hamlet
as a sample text) can do quite a lot in categorizing styles.

I believe also that Nancy Ide performed a spectral analysis of Blake's
"Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright".

martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk

martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk

--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Home Page: http://www.clres.com