[Corpora-List] Installing R-2.x.y on a unix system

Daniel Wiechmann daniel.wiechmann at uni-jena.de
Tue Oct 10 14:33:21 UTC 2006

Dear all,

does anybody out there use the R 2.x.y statistics suite on a unix platform? I am having trouble installing it ("Ubuntu i386 dapper"-distribution)...

The installation guide suggests that  -having unpacked the package- all you need to do is switch to the appropriate directory and apply
'./configure' and 'make' (...how hard can it be?)

However, while './configure' causes no serious problems, I am unable to execute the 'make' command (btw, 'make' works fine with other applications)

so, this is what I get after './configure':

daniel at dw-linux:~/R-2.4.0$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated ;)

best,
--daniel