[Corpora-List] Microsoft patents verb conjugations

Oliver Mason O.Mason at bham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 08:59:58 UTC 2006

This is ridiculous.  I implemented something like that about ten years
ago for the Cobuild corpus access system, and of course I didn't
invent it myself.

Surely it must cost money to apply for patents, and this one should
never be granted, so it'd just be a waste of time and money.

They'll probably apply for "A method of transferring information
between autonomous agents using modulation of local air pressure" next
and sue all of us for talking.

Oliver