[Corpora-List] corpus of rated words

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:28:21 UTC 2007

At the website http://tcc.itc.it/people/valitutti/home/home.html#wna, see
the following:

<paste>
I am working for some years on affective lexicon and I developed an
extension of WordNet in order to collect affective concepts and correlate
them with words. I named this rerource *WordNet-Affect*. It is described in
the paper *Developing Affective Lexical Resources*, written with Carlo
Strapparava and Oliviero Stock, and available at
psychnology.org<http://www.psychnology.org/jarchive.htm>
.
Another reference is "WordNet-Affect: an affective extension ofWordNet". In
/Proceedings ofthe 4th International Conference on Language Resources and
Evaluation (LREC 2004)/, Lisbon, May 2004, pp. 1083-1086.
Alessandro Oltremari described possible uses of this resource in as an
ontology of emotional concepts. The paper is *Unfolding the mental: the role
of cognitive structures* and it is available in the proceedings of *MUSIL.
Workshop on the Potential of Cognitive Semantics for
Ontologies<http://musil.uni-muenster.de/workshop2004/index.php?m1=Papers>
* The resource is part of WordNet Domains and it is free
available<http://wndomains.itc.it/download.html>.
Currently, I am working to a substantial reorganization of WordNet-Affect in
order to use it as an ontology. Starting from a subset of affective synset,
I am selecting an "affective core" with a set of affective categories,
hierarchically organized. I hope to finished this work in one or two months.
If you are interested on it, I can provide you with further informations on
these improvements of the resources. From another hand, I am interested too
to your possible applications about the topic of your thesis.

Kev

--
K. B. Cohen
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead