[Corpora-List] User Interface Design for Manual Annotation of Corpora

Marc Carmen marc.carmen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 03:20:29 UTC 2007

Hello everyone!

I am currently doing research related to manual annotation of corpora.  I have looked at several systems to see what those systems look like; however, I have been trying to find actual studies done that discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different user interfaces.  So far I have found much that is helpful.  That leaves me with three questions for everyone on the list.

1)      If you or your research group are involved in manual annotation of corpora what software do you currently use?

2)      What advantages/disadvantages do you find with the current software you use?

3)      Do you know of any studies that have been done that discuss the user interface for corpora annotation.

I know that there are many variables including size of the tag set, language, complexity of morphology, etc… that may affect the type of interface.  That information would be helpful as well as general information.

Thank you all for your help.

--

Thanks

Marc Carmen