[Corpora-List] Corpus Development Manager job at Powerset (NL search startup)

Marti Hearst hearst at powerset.com
Mon Jun 4 19:07:26 UTC 2007

Corpus Development Manager job at Powerset (NL search startup)

Powerset has a dynamic team of top-notch developers and linguists building
next-generation search applications. Our applications layer our own web
search innovations on top of deep natural language processing technology.

We are looking for a talented individual to lead our development of
annotated linguistic corpora for training and testing.  The Corpus
Development Manager will help define our corpus development program,
including hiring and supervising linguistic annotators.  Corpus development
tasks will include building training and test sets for:

     * syntactic annotation (similar to treebanking)
     * semantic matching
     * specific natural language processing components, e.g. named entity
recognition, anaphora resolution, etc.

This is a full-time position located at our main offices in San Francisco,
CA.

Responsibilities:

     * Define standards and practices for linguistic annotation
     * Work with developers and linguists to plan and prioritize annotation
and corpus-development tasks
     * Hire, manage, and evaluate the work of linguistic annotators

Requirements:

     * MS in Linguistics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or
equivalent industry experience
     * Hands-on experience in linguistic annotation
     * Strong organizational and communication skills

Bonus:

     * Experience with web search or natural-language processing technology
     * Proficiency with a programming or scripting language such as Perl,
Python, or Ruby
     * Experience managing or supervising a team

To apply, visit this url:

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERSET&cws=1&rid=
62