[Corpora-List] Tokenizer for English Web Corpus (and Email Data)

Andrew.Lampert at csiro.au Andrew.Lampert at csiro.au
Wed Mar 14 04:22:29 UTC 2007

Further to Adriano's request below, is anyone aware of sentence
tokenizers/splitters that have been trained on or applied to email data?

Some of the noise in email text will be similar to that of web text
(emoticons, typos etc.), but there are also specific phenomena
(greetings, email signatures, dealing with quoted material etc.) that
seem to require techniques tailored to email.

I await your summary of responses with interest, Adriano.

Are there any additional pointers that people can offer, specifically
with regard to processing email text?

Thanks,
Andrew Lampert
Andrew Lampert
Research Engineer
Information Engineering Laboratory
CSIRO ICT Centre
<http://www.ict.csiro.au/staff/Andrew.Lampert/>

Post: Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia
Office: Building E6B, Macquarie University, North Ryde, 2113
Tel: +61 2 9325 3129, Fax: +61 2 9325 3200

  _____