[Corpora-List] BNC XML now available

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 11:01:08 UTC 2007

As existing BNC licensees will know, we are now taking orders for the
new XML edition of the British National Corpus. This is a major revision
of the existing BNC World Edition, which corrects a large number of
known errors in the tagging, duplicated and miscategorized texts,  etc.
The whole corpus is now encoded in XML, which we hope will make it much
easier to process, and we have taken the opportunity of enriching the
linguistic annotation to include lemmata and a simplified set of POS
tags, alongside the original Claws C5 markup. The distribution also
includes a completely revised and enhanced manual, together with
pre-built indexes for use with the latest release of XAIRA (1.23).

For more details, including licensing and ordering information, please
see the website at http://www.natcorp.ox.ac.uk/XMLedition/

We are now accepting pre-orders, and expect to start shipping within two
weeks.

Apologies for making you wait so long!

Lou Burnard