[Corpora-List] corpus of German spoken interaction

Stukker, Ninke Ninke.Stukker at let.uu.nl
Thu Mar 15 11:56:04 UTC 2007

Dear members,

Concerning my earlier question about a corpus of German spoken interaction -
Apparently, the type of material I'm looking for (spontaneous AND recent AND
face-to-face) is hard to find. At least, it didn't turn up yet.

However I received a number of hints that might be useful for people wanting
to study German spoken interaction, but who have less specific wishes than I
do. For those of you who were interested in this query, a short summary of
the results (so far... ;-)

*Several corpora of spoken (face-to-face) interaction are available via IDS
(www.ids-mannheim.de - list of corpora can be found here:
http://www.ids-mannheim.de/ksgd/agd/service/korpora/). These contain
different types of interaction: institutional settings, regional (and
socially stratified) speech variants, broadcast discussions and interviews,
and even spontaneous every-day conversation (however, these data are not
very recent, 1960s-1970s mainly).
*Other suggestions (also very useful suggestions on _written_  language
corpora) are listed in Lothar Lemnitzer's and Heike Zinmeister's document at
http://www.lemnitzer.de/lothar/KoL/mkap5.html. However, many of the speech
corpora mentioned here contain elicited, non-spontaneous conversation.
*The same goes for the Kiel corpus:
http://www.ipds.uni-kiel.de/forschung/kielcorpus.de.html
*Corpora of telephone conversations are available via the LDC
(www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog). These conversations were recorded 1990s, and
they are produced under 'natural' circumstances.

Thank you to everybody who took the trouble to respond!

Best,
Ninke