[Corpora-List] Job: Umbria Inc.: Science Software Engineer (Level I)

Nicolas Nicolov Nicolas at umbrialistens.com
Thu Nov 1 18:43:22 UTC 2007

Job: Umbria Inc.: Science Software Engineer (Level I)

Want to impact data mining for market intelligence from user generated
content?

Job Description:

Umbria Inc. is growing and hiring top-notch software engineers to
implement cutting-edge web mining technology. Our science team is
working on advanced text analysis of vast amounts of data, scalable
information retrieval, learning semantic concepts, sentiment and
demographic analysis, and lots of cool new stuff.

Requirements:

* B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent;
* Strong skills in: C++/Java and Python/Ruby development of large
software systems;
* Database development: SQL/MySQL;
* Scripting in Unix (bash,ksh) and Windows environments (cygwin);
* Source control (CVS, SVN);
* Strong interest in large-scale software development using software
patterns;
* Capable of delivering efficient and elegant implementations of
sophisticated algorithms;
* Strong verbal and written communication, strong teamwork skills, grab
the initiative;
* Understanding of the full project life cycle (design, implementation,
testing, shipping, and sustaining);
* Strong interest in natural language processing, information retrieval,
machine learning, clustering, search engines, data mining, distributed
systems and network programming;
* Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.

About Umbria, Inc.:

Umbria analyzes the opinions and perceptions of the online community
which is comprised of blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other user
forums and turns such comments into actionable market insights.

Umbria amplifies the voice of the online community by using proprietary
Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning algorithms to dissect
the who, what and why of online opinion offering in-depth insights into
the buzz about companies, brands, products, people, and topics of
interest. Umbria provides services for some of the world's leading
brands in the consumer electronics, entertainment, communications,
consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical and other industries.

For more information visit us at: www.umbrialistens.com

Please send your resume to: jobs at umbrialistens dot com
and specify "SCIENCE ENGINEER" in the subject field.

Best wishes
Nicolas
---
Dr Nicolas Nicolov