[Corpora-List] Wolof- reading rules

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Fri Oct 5 13:40:28 UTC 2007

Dear Corpora members, could you send me the reading rule of Wolof, an African language? How are the double consonsnts read? E.g. dd, pp, kk, nn, ll, etc. Are these long consonants? How are the double vowels read? E.g. aa, oo, ee, ii? Are they just long vowels? How e" is read? Is X equal to H? Is C = ts? Is j like English j? Is W sonorant? Ci=tsi? Looking forward to hearing to my correct address, which is yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia