[Corpora-List] What about Maltese texts in Latin letters?

Michael Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Oct 18 14:20:50 UTC 2007

Claudia wrote:
> As for a Maltese Corpus, there is an ongoing project to produce an
> official corpus - check this website
>
> http://mlrs.cs.um.edu.mt/

There is an ACL wiki where resources like this could be linked to.  In
particular, there is a page:
http://aclweb.org/aclwiki/index.php?title=List_of_resources_by_language
where resources are gathered by language name, and I would encourage
everyone who has (or knows of) resources to add to that list.

It would also be nice if someone (I have no idea who!) would add to that
list the resources mentioned on other such lists (like the ones at
http://lodl.ldc.upenn.edu/, for example).  And verify that the sites being
linked to still exist...  Ideally, there could even be an agreed-on
metadata standard, like that of OLAC, although that's getting away from
the wiki idea.

At present, there does not seem to be any systematization of language
names on the ACL wiki, but there could be, preferably using the ISO 639-3
system.

   Mike Maxwell
   CASL/ U MD