[Corpora-List] the tense/aspect annotator for Chinese verbs in Chinese-to-English translation

David Zhang zdavid512 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 09:49:08 UTC 2007

Hi, all

I'm looking for a tagger to determine the tense/aspect of Chinese verbs in Chinese-to-English translation. I know the tagger can be as simple as a rule-based one or as sophisticated as a machine learning based one, but I have no idea of how much difference of the performance (in terms of classification accuracy or the quality of machine translation when it is integrated into a machine translation system) between these two kinds of taggers. If the difference is not too much, I prefer the rule-based tagger with regard to my application scenario.  I would greatly appreciate if you have or know such a tagger and are ready to share it.

Thanks a lot.
David.

http://mail.yahoo.com