[Corpora-List] A small favour

Ulf Magnusson mag.nusson at bredband.net
Thu Sep 6 08:09:46 UTC 2007

Dear list members,
I’m doing a survey of the English verb SLIP in various contexts. Might I
bother some of you who are native speakers of English to just write down six
sentences that you come to think of spontaneously, three of them with the
intransitive use and three with the transitive use of the verb.

To avoid cluttering up the ordinary mail on the list you could use this
address:

mag.nusson at bredband.net <mailto:mag.nusson at bredband.net>

I will list all the examples I get and post them back to the list for anyone
who might be interested.

Many thanks for any help I will get

Ulf Magnusson
Emeritus Professor of English