[Corpora-List] corpus linguistics

Rob Malouf rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Sep 18 04:15:29 UTC 2007

I suspect I speak for a large silent constituency (if not a majority)
when I say that I've found this whole discussion almost completely
uninteresting.  But, it's been easy enough to skim (or not) and
delete, so I haven't been moved to complain about it.  This meta-
discussion though has definitely risen above the threshold of
annoyance.  If the list manager (who runs the list FOR FREE and no
doubt has other things she'd rather be thinking about) asks someone
to take a discussion off-line, why not just do that? It seems like a
matter of common courtesy.  Set up a blog or a mailing list or a wiki
or whatever -- there are lots of free options available these days --
and have at it.

---
Rob Malouf <rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu>
Department of Linguistics and Asian/Middle Eastern Languages
San Diego State University