[Corpora-List] Jobs: Cognitive Interaction Technology: Asst Prof, University of Bielefeld, Germany

Christian Pietsch pietsch at interling.de
Wed Apr 2 10:40:48 UTC 2008

[This job advert is identical to the one distributed via LINGUIST List
on 20 March. I hope some of you might still find it interesting. Do keep
an eye on <http://cit-ec.org/cit_jobs.html>. --C.P.]

	University or Organization: University of Bielefeld
	Department: Cluster of Excellence 277
	Job Location: Bielefeld, NRW, Germany
	Web Address: http://cit-ec.org
	Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Cognitive Interaction Technology

The Cluster of Excellence 277 'Cognitive Interaction Technology' is
inviting applications for *Junior research group leader positions*
(W1, tenure track option W2) on a topic pertinent to Cognitive
Interaction Technology. The research groups will comprise the
tenure-track position (assistant prof. level) of the group leader plus
funding resources for a junior research group (1- 2 researchers plus
equipment). We invite applicants from any of the pertinent fields such
as computer science, linguistics, biology, psychology, physics and
cognitive science.  Applicants should denote their field of expertise
and provide a research plan (duration 3 years) aiming to advance a
basic or applied research question within the broader subject area of
Cognitive Interaction Technology and feasible within the resources of
the available group.  Applications will be selected according to their
scientific originality and the qualification of the applicant in his
or her denoted field of expertise. Candidates will be expected to
participate very actively in the Excellence Cluster and to be
seriously interested in cross-disciplinary work at the interface
between technology and cognition research.

Candidates must hold a university and a qualified PhD degree in a
pertinent field, and a significant research record. We welcome
applications from severely handicapped people. We particularly welcome
applications from women. Given equal suitability, qualifications and
professional achievement women will be given preference, unless
particular circumstances pertaining to a male applicant predominate.

We will consider applications until all positions have been filled.
Applications arriving no later than 16 April 2008 will be guaranteed
to receive full consideration.
The following documents are requested in PDF format: project proposal
(4 pages), curriculum vitae, publication list, brief statements of
research and teaching interests, names and addresses of two