[Corpora-List] Quijote

Angus Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Tue Jun 3 13:30:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, YEPES, GR wrote:

> I have been searching the web for two translations of Cervante's
> masterpiece into German (plain text to download), specifically the
> translation by Ludwig Tieck (1799/1801) and the translation by Anton
> Maria Rothbauer (1964). I have asked the publishers already and have
> also looked at the Gutenberg website, where I have found the original
> and its translation into English by Thomas Shelton.

 	The Tieck translation is available from Google Book Search, in
several editions:

<http://books.google.com/books?q=editions:0LrsAFiIbj0V9K&id=8gYRAAAAYAAJ&source=gbs_book_other_versions_r&cad=1_1>

 	Unfortunately, these are scanned images, but you can get Google's
uncorrected OCR text by clicking the "View plain text" link on the right
side of the page display.

<http://books.google.com/books?pg=PP1&id=8gYRAAAAYAAJ&output=text#PPP7,M1>

 	Google Books has scanned at least two copies of the Rothbauer
translation, but because it was made in 1964 it is still in copyright, so
Google does not have the right to distribute it.  You might have to scan
that one yourself.

<http://books.google.com/books?ct=title&q=inauthor:Rothbauer+cervantes&as_brr=0>

 	I hope this helps.

 					-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
 					grvsmth at panix.com

Find out more about my computer consulting service at
<http://www.grieve-smith.com/>.  Discounts are available
for nonprofits and for customers in the Sunnyside/Woodside area.