[Corpora-List] max sentence legnths

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 22:56:51 UTC 2008

Well, this is more than I can hold my breath (and this is a fragment, not a
'sentence'):

[The General Assembly] recalls resolution GC(46)/RES/9B on transport safety,
urges States to participate in the 2003 International Conference on the
Safety of Transport of Radioactive Material, with a view to addressing in a
comprehensive way and following up as necessary all issues contained in the
agreed conference programme, recalls maritime, river and air navigation
rights and freedoms, as provided for in international law and as reflected
in relevant international instruments, recalls that, under international
law, States have the obligation to protect and preserve the marine
environment, urges States to ensure that their national regulatory documents
governing the transport of radioactive materials are in conformity with the
latest edition of Agency transport regulations, encourages member States to
avail themselves of the Transport Safety Appraisal Service, with a view to
achieving the highest levels of safety during the transport of radioactive
materials, welcomes the practice of some shipping States and operators of
providing in a timely manner information and responses to relevant coastal
States in advance of shipments for the purpose of addressing concerns
regarding safety and security, including emergency preparedness, and invites
others to do so, in order to improve mutual understanding and confidence
regarding shipments of radioactive materials, noting that the information
and responses provided should in no case be contradictory to the measures of
physical protection and safety, emphasizes the importance of maintaining
dialogue and consultation aimed at improving mutual understanding,
confidence-building and enhanced communication in relation to the safe
maritime transport of radioactive materials, stresses the importance of
having effective liability mechanisms in place to ensure against harm to
human health and the environment, as well as actual economic loss due to an
accident or incident during the maritime transport of radioactive materials,
and stresses the importance of wide adherence to the international nuclear
liability regime established by the Vienna Convention on Civil Liability for
Nuclear Damage, as amended in 1997, and related treaties;

Regards,
    Alex.
Research group: http://www.clt.mq.edu.au/Research/