[Corpora-List] Job Announcement: NLP, MT or CLIR in Singapore

zhang min mzhang at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Mar 10 10:22:11 UTC 2008

**********Apologies for multiple postings**********

Job Announcement: NLP, MT or CLIR

INSTITUTE: Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R), Singapore

JOB TITLE: (Senior) Research Fellow and Engineer, Ph.D Internship or Ph.D
Study

TECHNICAL SKILLS: Specialize in NLP, MT or CLIR.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate shall contribute to
current and future research in multilingual information access, in
particular to machine translation and multilingual information retrieval
technology. The candidates are expected to conduct in-depth study and
research, and participate in developmental projects.

REQUIREMENTS:
•	A good degree in Computer Science or a closely related area
•	Strong foundation in language technologies and advanced experiences
in the following areas:
 	- Statistical and/or Machine Learning approaches in NLP
 	- Machine Translation
      - Multilingual term extraction from parallel/comparable corpora or
monolingual corpora
 	- Strong programming skills (C/C++, Perl or Java)
 	- Strong interest in conducting applied research with the ability to
deliver solutions
 	- Ability to work as a team
 	- High degree of integrity, passion and drive
      - Proficiency in written and spoken English and/or Chinese/Malay or
any other language

EMPLOYMENT TERM: Tenure or contractual with annual renewal

We offer a friendly and enthusiastic working environment with competitive
pay and comprehensive benefits. To apply, please forward your CV (with
detailed experiences and your research interest, as well as name and contact
information of two references) to Dr. Min ZHANG at mzhang at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
and Ms. Aiti AW at aaiti at i2r.a-star.edu.sg.

==============
About I²R : I²R is Singapore's premier Information, Communications and Media
(ICM) research institute. We are currently located on a wooded ridge amid
tropical greenery, overlooking the sea. I²R currently employs over 300
researchers coming from many nationalities and working in diverse areas
including digital wireless, security, media and signal processing,
networking, embedded systems, knowledge discovery, speech and natural
language processing, automated video analysis, radio systems and fiber
optics.

I²R provides a vibrant research environment with strong support for
patenting and publications and has close links with local and international
universities and research institutes. Through industry programs, I²R helps
local companies in the industry to upgrade technologically.

------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.--------------------------------------------------------