[Corpora-List] medication pronunciations

Lucian Galescu lgalescu at ihmc.us
Fri Mar 28 21:08:01 UTC 2008

For generic drug names, the USP Dictionary provides so called
"pronunciation guides", which are essentially non-phonemic
respellings. Medline Plus lists them, as well (not sure about the
coverage for brand names, though). Of course, you'd have to translate
them into Loquendo's phonemic alphabet; but then you'd probably need
to do that no matter what other resources you may find (granted, if
Loquendo's proprietary phonemic alphabet is reasonably close to others
out there, presumably it would be easier if you could find phonemic
pronunciations somewhere).

Lucian

* * *
Lucian Galescu, PhD