[Corpora-List] medication pronunciations

Angus Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Sat Mar 29 22:21:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Dr DJ Hatch wrote:

> Mike Maxwell and Lucian Galescu  may well have just offered the most
> persuasive argument in favour of literacy I¹ve come across.

 	To me it sounds like the most persuasive argument against
trademarking and branding that I've seen.  The problem wouldn't exist if
the drug companies put enough effort into pronouncability and auditory
distinctiveness, and didn't find it necessary to differentiate their own
product so dramatically from their competitors'.

 					-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
 					grvsmth at panix.com