[Corpora-List] FW: Gender differences in language

M.E.Sciubba mesciubba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:26:00 UTC 2008

Alright, so you were talking about *grammatical* gender,  I wasn't...
sorry that my mail gave the hint for much discussion (which I enjoyed
anyway). But I think that the good thing about this list is that it is
ALIVE.
Many times I just skipped threads I wasn't interested in, so I don't see why
we shouldn't tolerate people who talk about a topic that is interesting to
them and which could contribute to the advancment of other people thoughts.

Contrary to somebody (I don't remember who, I'm sorry) I found the example
about the grandchild very interesting. I just think that we should try to
see what's behind and beyond an example. It probably depends on our
theoretical background too, to quickly grab an hint behind an example, or am
I wrong?

That said,

*Trahit sua quemque voluptas (Virgilius)*
(more or less: one is attacted by what s/he likes)

Eleonora

--
*M.Eleonora Sciubba*

Dipartimento di Linguistica
Università Roma Tre

*For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words
await another voice* (T. S. Eliot)